Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Marian Apparitions & Saints Speaking Presentation, 8/14/2018: Sacred Heart Church, Waianae


It's the eve of one of the most significant feasts of the Catholic Church - the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - and all day I was excited for two reasons. First, I was enthused about having the opportunity to again share my passion for Our Lady, her apparitions, and our Saints, via my speaking presentation that I call "Marian Apparitions, Saints, & Relics".  Secondly, I was doing the presentation at the Sacred Heart Church in Waianae for that parish's RCIA Team and interested parishioners - some of my most favorite fellow Catholics!

A beautiful pic with audience members
gathered around my Maria Rosa Mystica
statue and relics of Marian Saints.

After having conducted multiple presentations for this Leeward Coast group in the past few years, I've formed a special kinship with it's members - they are humble and good people, filled with the Holy Spirit, as well as Hawaii's own Aloha Spirit.  I just can't help but enjoy their company and feel blessed whenever I've been invited to faith-share with them.

So this evening's presentation focused on the Church's teachings on private revelations, mainly approved Marian apparitions, including associated mystical phenomena such as weeping images, stigmatization, escarchas, etc.  I spoke about the appearances of Mary starting with the Guadalupe (Mexico) apparitions and covered other lesser-known sanctioned sightings of the Blessed Virgin in Akita (Japan), Betania (Venezuela), Champion (USA), Cuapa (Nicaragua), etc.  Mary's urgent messages at each apparition were highlighted, along with many interesting details that I've learned during the last 30+ years.

Sacred Heart parishioners
honoring Our Lady & the Saints.
In addition to speaking about apparitions, I also featured the lives and relics of the canonized visionaries from the famous Marian shrines of the Miraculous Medal in Paris (St. Catherine Laboure, France); Lourdes (St. Bernadette Soubirous, France); Fatima (Sts. Francisco & Jacinta Marto, Portugal).  I emphasized how these seers managed to eventually become Saints not because they saw Mary, rather it was by living the key points of the messages entrusted to them by our Holy Mother that led them to become holy individuals.

During the course of the talk, I saw serious reflection going on based on the facial expressions of many in the audience; Our Lady's message was taking root in their hearts. And, at the end of it all, people expressed their appreciation and shared testimonies, among which was a gentleman who reported intermittently smelling the scent of flowers (I smelled roses, but none were in the church).

I left the Sacred Heart parish grateful for the attentiveness and feedback from the participants, and hopeful that tonight's presentation will bear much positive spiritual fruit in the Waianae community.

Many thanks and praises be to God and to our most Holy Mother Mary!


+ A Participant's Testimony:

  "Aloha Peter!  I praise God you were able to bless us with your collection of relics and more importantly, your summary of significant Marian apparition history and development. Your emphasis on 'approved' apparitions is crucial in sharing sound and credible messages, and info about our Blessed Mother, which I am truly grateful for your responsible and valuable testimony!"  ~ Linda M.

3 comments:

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]