NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local parish, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.
~ Peter, Ministry & Blog Administrator
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Sunday, April 15, 2018
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcalá, July 1769 (now in present-day San Diego)
- Mission San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo, June 1770 (now in present-day Carmel-by-the-Sea)
- Mission San Antonio de Padua, July 1771
- Mission San Gabriel Arcángel, September 1771 (now in present-day San Gabriel)
- Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, September 1772 (now in present-day San Luis Obispo)
- Mission San Juan Capistrano, November 1776 (now in present-day San Juan Capistrano)
- Mission San Francisco de Asís, June 1776 (now in present-day San Francisco)
- Mission Santa Clara de Asís, January 1777 (now in present-day Santa Clara)
- Mission San Buenaventura, March 1782 (now in present-day Ventura)
|Me, in the Mission courtyard.|
Sunday, April 1, 2018
|An oil portrait of St. Benedict Joseph Labre,|
reportedly painted from life while he was rapt
in ecstasy before an image of the Virgin Mary.
The wax death mask of the Saint, made
shortly after he died that captures his very
fine facial features.