Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam Franciscum!


His Holiness,
Pope Francis

Like many Catholics throughout the world, I was eagerly and anxiously awaiting the election of a new Pope to the hallowed Chair of St. Peter... while also offering many prayers to the Holy Spirit to guide the Cardinals in conclave.  So this morning as I was driving to work, I was overjoyed when a close friend of mine called and excitedly told me that white smoke had risen above the Sistine Chapel!  The first question I asked was, "Who is he?"... but of course the name of the new Pontiff hadn't been announced yet.

It wasn't until about 30 minutes after I arrived at my job, when I learned along with the rest of the world, that our new  spiritual leader was  an Argentinian who  had chosen the unprecedented name of - Pope Francis!
 
Joy welled up in my heart and I felt as though a refreshing breeze had suddenly blown through my soul.  "Francis" - after the great St. Francis of Assisi, who our Lord commissioned to "... repair my house, which as you see is falling into ruin."  I already loved the man.

So I asked the Holy Spirit to fill me - to pray through me - for our dear Holy Father, while at the same time I grabbed a pen and started to quickly write the words, which flowed into my mind. The prayer that resulted is posted below and I invite all viewers who happen to stumble upon this blog to join me in praying for Pope Francis, who undoubtedly will need it in the coming times ahead. It doesn't have to be the prayer below... but any sincere prayer from the heart offered for the new Pontiff will suffice to aid him in his mission.  God bless him... and God bless us all, as well.  Habemus Papam Franciscum!

A Prayer for Pope Francis

O Heavenly Father, we thank you and
praise you for the gift of a new Pope for the
One, Holy, and Catholic Church. Pour out
your Holy Spirit upon him – Pope Francis –
that he may be abundantly filled with Sanctity,
Faith, Truth, and Love. May he also be an
inextinguishable light in the midst of the
darkness of this generation, leading the
Church and all peoples towards you.
Protect him from every harm and evil,
and strengthen him against adversity.

Furthermore, dear Father in Heaven,
open the hearts of all Christian believers –
Catholics and Non-Catholics - that we may
warmly welcome and embrace Pope Francis.
Help us to love and obey him as children
would their father, and to respect him as
the anointed Vicar of your Divine Son, Jesus
Christ. Confirm us in the belief that his
election is the fulfillment of your HolWill
for the Church and the rest of the world, and
that through this Pope's guidance, the
Roman Catholic Church will continue to
flourish during his papal reign and
beyond… until the end of time.

Again we thank you, Heavenly
Father... we humbly offer this prayer
with Joy, Gratitude, and Trust in you.
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah! 
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Peter,

    I just sent you an email with my contact number. Please give me a call. Regards, Br. Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro. Vincent,

    Thank you. I replied to you, via email. God's many blessings, Peter

    ReplyDelete

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]