Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Monday, June 13, 2011

Recommended Reading: "He and I"


    
A photo of Gabrielle Bossis and the book
compiling her communications with Jesus

I was at a church meeting the other night, when the conversation briefly turned to a certain book that one of the women had been reading little by little, on a daily basis; it was a book filled with alleged messages from Jesus to two women. After describing the book to me, I was immediately reminded of a similar book that I often read over and over, for the past 18 years, especially when I'm in need of spiritual encouragement; that special book is called, "He and I". After the meeting, I went home and took up my copy and slowly browsed over some of its passages... as always, my heart was filled with God's peace.

For those not familiar with this gem of a book, He and I is actually the published journal of a pious, aristocratic French woman named Gabrielle Bossis. Gabrielle was famous in her time and in her home country for having been a successful playwrite and stage actress with a comedic flair. In her latter years she reportedly heard the voice of Christ speaking to her regularly, especially during her prayer time and devotions; it was an intimate relationship, which lasted until shortly before her death in 1950.

While still living, Gabrielle had maintained a strict discretion about her experiences, and although her spiritual director had begun to publish the words she heard from Jesus, her identity was kept a secret. He and I became a huge spiritual success and continues to touch hearts up to the present day. Below are just a few quotes from the messages spoken by Christ to Gabrielle - 'pearls' from the book that I'd like to share with you...

'I am no longer on earth,
so take my place.'
(March 10, 1937)

'Don't get the idea that a Saint is a
Saint at every moment.  But there is always
my grace...  You must aim at perfection. But
the perfection of your nature.  This is
the way you will please me.'
(April 9, 1937)

'Enjoy me.  Give yourself a rest from saying
your prayers so you may enjoy my Love.' 
(After Gabrielle received Holy
Communion - April 28, 1939)

'When you ask, believe that I am good
enough to answer you, otherwise you will
deprive me of the joy of giving.' 
(June 3, 1939)

'Thank me spontaneously as you
would thank someone very dear to you.
 I'm not just a messenger of suffering as
so many imagine.  I am also the giver of
joys and I love your thanks, my little
children; don't deprive me of this.'
(After Gabrielle experienced a great
joy - November 25,  1940)

'... I am the friend who does good in
the home and who sometimes slips away
before being recognized and thanked.'
(September 14, 1944)

'If you suffer, I am there to suffer with
you.  And this is my cross again - this
suffering in your suffering.  Share it with me,
for everything depends on oneness.  And if
you believe in my Love, suffering will be
sweet to you.  It will seem like little
return for what I have given you...'
(September 28, 1944)

'... The weakness of your nature
causes you to fall, and it's the humble
effort you make to get up and go on,
the effort to please me that charms your
Beloved.  And this is a joy, a joy for God.
Isn't that strange?  Later on you will
see.  Later on you will understand.
Believe in that "later on".'
(While Gabrielle was making a Holy
Hour - September 6, 1945)

'Pray.  Show an example of heartwarming
love.  You remember how good my mother
and St. Joseph were to all those who
received them during their travels.  Long
afterward people remembered their visit.
They left a wake of blessings all along
their way.'
(September 12, 1945)

'Remember...  I traveled all your roads.'
(While Gabrielle was experiencing a
moment of sadness - February 13, 1947)

'But each day is a first creation.  Not one
is like another. I never stop creating.  And
it is all for all of you.  If I didn't hold you up,
you would cease to exist.  Will you love
me enough to thank me for it?'
(While Gabrielle was enjoying the changing
shapes of clouds - September 30, 1948)

'My child, ponder more often on
the value of the present moment, the
danger of going back over the past
and the uselessness of gazing into the
future.  Just live the little moment
you hold in your hands.  Simply
and lovingly.'
(March 30, 1949)

If you enjoyed reading the above quotes, then I highly recommend you get the book - He and I will enrich your soul for the rest of your life, if you read it with the eyes of faith.  God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this and I wish you streng in building up after the fire disaster in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]