Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Sunday, June 4, 2023

Young Faces of Holiness Presentation, 6/4/2023: Sts. Peter & Paul Church, Honolulu



Today, this ministry shared about our Catholic Heroes and Saints with the CCD children of Sts. Peter and Paul Church in Honolulu.  Several parents attended, as well, which I think is always fantastic because I believe some parents could use some evangelizing, too!

As things transpired, the presentation was one of the more enjoyable ones I've done in long while, as far as speaking to youngsters is concerned; the main reason being that these kids seemed particularly engaged and excitedly participated in the games I prepared... and readily answered my many questions to them.

          
A closer view of the relics on display from
(L to R):  St. Francis of Assisi, St. Therese
the Little Flower, Sts. Louis & Zelie Martin,
Bl. Carlo Acutis, St. Damien of Molokai,
and Ven. Anne de Guigne.

And their responses - oh, Lord - some seemed genuinely inspired by the Holy Spirit and I was amazed!  For example - when I asked the children how old they needed to be to start becoming a Saint, a girl blurted out:

"We can start right now!"

What a brilliant answer!

As for the parents in the room, they asked many great questions and some shared their own wonderful Saint Stories (one woman met St. Teresa of Calcutta in person), which showed just how interested in the presentation they were.

Children crowd around the relics
after the talk.

At the end of the talk, the children immediately rushed the relic display-altar to get a closer view... while several adults continued to ask me questions and expressed their desire to sit-in for the full-version of this ministry's Saints and Holy Relics Presentation.

So what a great audience!  They made today's presentation an easy one... plus, I left the parish sensing that I'll be returning to Sts. Peter and Paul in the very near future.

A shrine inside of Sts. Peter & Paul Church, dedicated to holy relics of St. Marianne, St.
Damien, and Sts. Peter & Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]