Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Sunday, May 14, 2023

Saints & Relics Presentation: St. Anthony of Padua Church RCIA Group, 5/14/2023



In today's Gospel reading can be found this phrase spoken by our Lord:

"... you are in me and I in you."

During this morning's presentation for the RCIA participants at St. Anthony of Padua Church, I used the above statement to characterize the cumulative lives of our Saints; that, in a nutshell, these special heroes of our Catholic Faith were exceptionally adept at expressing Jesus, whose fulness of spirit dwelt in them... so that people around them could easily see, hear, and experience God through their words and deeds.  It's that simple.

Relics on display from Left to Right:
Ven. Domenica Lazzeri (2nd Class), St.
Elizabeth Ann Seton (1st Class), Our Lady's
Veil, St. Bernadette of Lourdes (1st Class),
& Bl. Karl of Austria (2nd Class)

... and judging by their enthusiastic questions and comments, I think the audience got the message.  Plus, the manner in which they venerated the relics I displayed was another strong indication that the various Saints I featured had made a positive impression.

Participants lined up to personally
experience the relics of the Saints.

Lastly, while packing up the relics and my equipment, I was pleasantly surprised to discover escarchas appearing, which I hadn't seen for a while.  The fine flakes of gold and silver manifested primarily on my right hand and forearm... and I took it as confirmation that our dear Lord and his Saints were truly present with us, not just in spirit and through their holy relics... but I'd like to imagine that Heaven had actually opened a door above us through which they descended, allowing for some of its beautiful, celestial "dust" to land in our midst.  Thanks be to God!

Fine flakes of escarchas manifested
on this author's right hand.  Note the
bright, tiny sparkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]