Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Sunday, November 26, 2023

A Blessing from Christ, our King ...


Today is the Feast of Christ the King of the Universe and, last night, this author experienced another little sign; one relating to today's feast - take a look at this photo:


I had just returned home from serving at my parish's Saturday evening Vigil Mass, when I was drawn to the sight of the full moon.  It was so big and beautiful, and brilliant gold, I wanted a keepsake of it so snapped three photos with my cellphone.  Upon viewing the images, the photo above immediately stood out as special.

What do you see?

I shared the pic with a few close friends and we all came to the same conclusion - instead of the moon, a brilliant heart appears - the Sacred Heart of Jesus!  It was a blessed surprise for which we thanked the Lord.

Note the uncanny resemblance of the heart
of light to a Sacred Heart painting.

... and being aware of today's solemn feast, I wondered if the Sacred Heart's appearance was somehow linked to the Kingship of Christ.  I did some Googling and providentially found this quote from a website promoting the Home Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus:

"I WILL REIGN THROUGH MY HEART,
DESPITE SATAN AND HIS AGENTS."

- Words of Jesus to St. Margaret
Mary Alacoque

That powerful statement made by our Lord to St. Mary Margaret was enough to convince me that the photo wasn't just a random coincidence.  Rather, I personally think our Lord was really trying to communicate something through the symbolism of His loving heart ... because how appropriate is that quote?  It's relevant not just in regards to its imagery and its connection to today's Feast of Christ's Kingship, but also for our present, turbulent times!

The Sacred Heart of Jesus, depicted as a
King, in this stained-glass window in the
Sanctuary of  the Cathedral Basilica of 
Our Lady of Peace in Honolulu, HI.

My spirit is filled with joy, gratitude, and a sense of peace and security, being affirmed in the truth that Jesus reigns supreme and Divine Love shines continously upon us from above.  It's an uplifting notion for all Christians to draw strength and comfort from.

VIVAT CHRISTUS REX!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]