Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Thursday, July 23, 2020

Our Daddy-God watches over us...


"The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good."

~ Proverbs 15:3

As I write this blog, Hawaii is in the direct path of Hurricane Douglas - it's supposed to hit Hawaii sometime this weekend (please pray for us).  I admit I was a little anxious earlier... but something extraordinary happened that put me at peace again.

Driving home from work, earlier this evening, I was mentally preoccupied with the coming storm; wondering when it was going to hit us... and what level of impact it would make.  Intermittently, I kept saying to myself short prayers - "Lord, have mercy... God, be merciful... forgive us, Lord" - over and over when, to my surprise, a face appeared in the sky ahead of me.  It was a huge, vivid face of an older man with a moustache and full beard; His expression was both benevolent and compassionate, as he gazed down at me.

I can't say for sure it was the Lord, but without thinking, I recall spontaneously saying, "Daddy-God!"... then just took the sight in with awe and gratitude.  In my heart I heard a clear interior "voice" reassuring me that God is in control... that He is aware of what we're facing... and more importantly, He's listening and sees each and everyone of us through eyes of love and mercy, and we need to trust Him, no matter what happens.  It's a message I want to pass on to readers because they are powerful spiritual affirmations that can serve to comfort everyone of us, especially in these uncertain times of pandemic.

Below is a single photo I managed to clumsily snap.  It's blurry but I think I still managed to capture a tiny bit of the awesomeness I saw with my own eyes; enough for me to always be able to remember this special experience.  But I'll let the viewer decide on what he/she sees.

    
The original photo (left) - look to the upper-
right... and a close-up of the face.

Come what may, let us be at PEACE.  God's will be done.  I repeat - our Heavenly Father sees usHe's paying attention to our needs.  Trust Him.

"As a father has compassion for his
children, so the LORD has compassion
for those who fear Him."

Psalm 103:13


* * *  U P D A T E  7 / 2 6 / 2 0 2 0  * * *

Praises be to God!  Hurricane Douglas has bypassed the Hawaiian chain... and through divine intervention, I would dare say!  It's as though an invisible barrier precisely surrounded the eastern coastlines of our state, blocking the storm, which was originally on course to hit one or more of our islands - see the photo below of my TV screen showing the actual path the storm took.  Furthermore, there was no serious impact to any of the islands!


The news weatherman and a professor acknowledged it was an unusual turn of events, using words such as "interesting"... "a unique situation"... "I can't believe Douglas did this"... "pretty amazing stuff" to describe the manner in which the hurricane avoided Hawaii.  I couldn't agree more with them, but I give credit where credit is due...

Thank you, Heavenly Father,
for watching over us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]