Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, April 27, 2013

Rosary & Dinner with Bishop Larry

 
 
Praying the Holy Rosary in the lovely
garden shrine at the Kailua home of
the Cobb-Adams Family.
 
Last night a dear friend of mine invited me to participate in a Rosary Prayer Meeting and dinner at her Kailua home to which our local Bishop - his Excellency, Bishop Larry Silva - was also invited to attend.  It turned out to be a beautiful evening; the prayer time was meaningful and the food was just awesome!  I even had the blessed opportunity to sit down with Bishop Larry and "talk story" with him for quite a bit, which was a personal highlight for me. 

 
Guests enjoying their dinner after the
prayers... and me and my friend, Anna,
hanging out with Bishop Larry.

I found the Bishop to be personable and down-to-earth as he shared with me about his childhood in Kailua and California... and I was also very impressed by his ability to recall every person's name who he was introduced to at the event.  His patience during the many, many picture-taking requests at the end of the night was almost saintly, in my humble opinion, and it endeared him to the people present.  God bless, Bishop Larry... and may the Lord continue to guide him as he leads our Diocese of Honolulu.
 
... and a special "Mahalo" to our hosts - Monica Cobb-Adams and her wonderful family - for inviting us to their gathering!  Their expression of faith and public devotion to our Blessed Mother and the Holy Rosary is truly an inspiration and a blessing for our Kailua community!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]