Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Thursday, April 25, 2019

Our Lady, Reconciler of People with God



As I'm writing this post, I'm still in a bit of a spiritual daze... but I feel strongly that I need to share this experience.  There could be an important and/or timely message for a reader out there.  Please let me explain.

It all started at Noon today - I attended Mass at the Honolulu Cathedral and, after it was done, I started on my usual lunchtime walk to get some exercise.  I normally pray the Divine Mercy chaplet while walking, but this time around, I prayed the "Jesus Prayer" using my Chotki (a knotted chord chaplet).

As I walked along, praying and enjoying the warmth of the sun, I started reflecting on our Blessed Mother and a few of her apparitions allegedly taking place in different parts of the world.  In particular, the Medjugorje events kept popping into mind, which I personally believe in.  It was then I heard a female "voice" say to me:

"I come to reconcile people with God."

The voice sounded not in my ear, but I "heard" it clearly within my very being, which is the best way I can explain it.  It was unexpected and so lucid, I paused midstep to look up at the sky to see if, by God's grace, I'd somehow catch a glimpse of something heavenly to affirm the message I just heard... but there was nothing unusual up in the blue sky and among the clouds so I dismissed the matter as a figment of my imagination and continued on.

Later, towards the evening, as I drove home from work, I started the Divine Mercy Chaplet, offering the prayer for the conversion of sinners. Towards the middle of the chaplet something bright caught my sight from the corner of my left eye - when I looked out the driver's side window I was amazed to see it was the figure of Our Lady of Fatima in her long trademark veil and standing on a wispy cloud.  The form was so distinct it seemed like a white paper cutout against the darkening sky and I could even make out faint details of her face and arms.

At first I tried to dismiss the unusual formation, but when it continued to hold its shape, I realized I wasn't looking at an ordinary cloud - it was much more... and I sensed it was connected to what I heard earlier in the day: "I come to reconcile people with God."  Mary was actually there - hovering above me - joining in on my prayer; interceding for souls to convert and reconcile with her Divine Son.

I finally grabbed my cellphone and managed to snap a few photos... and still, Our Lady remained!  She did so for about a minute more, before her image finally dissipated.  I was left excited and deeply humbled, and I think my heart might have been racing too.


The photos above are the remarkable images I captured of the Holy Virgin in the sky.  They do not do justice to what I saw in person.  In the images below, she was hovering over a tree...

   

I make no claims at being a visionary or a seer, or someone who is spiritually advanced... but I know I experienced something remarkable today and I'm still in awe about it.  It started with a voice and ended with a spectacular apparition in the sky.  No coincidences.

At this writing, I'm still trying to discern all that's happened, but my immediate take on all this is simple and straightforward - Our Lady truly comes down to us at certain hallowed places such as Medjugorje (incidentally, today - the 25th of the month - is the day she gives a monthly message in that town) and I am convinced the Madonna comes to help us make our peace with God, if we aren't good with Him.  She's a mediator and reconciler - hence, the title of this blog.

So if we only give the Blessed Mother a chance, she will help transform our lives for the better and guide us to the one person who can fulfill us with all the love and contentment we could ever desire: JESUS.  

As Our Lady so often repeats in her messages given at Medjugorje, we can begin the transformative healing process of conversion by simply making the decision to turn our lives over to God... confessing our sins... then we pray from the heart with trust in the Lord's infinite mercy.  It could all start here.

Our Lady, Reconciler of People
with God, pray for us.

1 comment:

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]