Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, August 27, 2022

Saints & Relics Presentation: Boys & Girls Scouts Youth Retreat, 8/27/2022


The Boys & Girls Scouts Youth Retreat
at the Convent of the Sacred Heart
Sisters in Kalihi.

Normally, it's a bit of a challenge for me to conduct speaking presentations for the youth.  The truth is, more often than not, it's harder to hold their attention for a long period of time, and there are always a few in the audience who seem downright uninterested; it's just how it is.  But I welcome the challenge and it's why I pray extra hard before a presentation and, ask others to pray too, if young children and teens are involved.

Saints/Relics featured by this ministry
at the retreat (L to R): St. Bernadette of
Lourdes, Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassatti, St.
Damien of Molokai, St. Maria Goretti, Sts.
Louis & Zelie Martin, and their daughter
St. Therese the Little Flower.

So the many prayers offered for today must've been heard because this group of young people was very different from others - most of them seemed really engaged and highly interested in what they heard about our Saints and the relics I featured.  In fact, during the Q&A segment of the presentation, they had a lot of great questions for me; more than I usually get even from adults.  I was pleasantly surprised that these kids were apparently paying attention during the talk!


Devotional items made freely available to
the Scouts... and the young people lined up
after to venerate the Saints and Relics.


Furthermore, most of the young men approached me after the presentation to personally say "thanks", and to let me know they enjoyed themselves and learned a lot; one boy was even in tears - gently sobbing - as he said to me, "We have a beautiful Faith."  It was an unusually mature remark, coming from a teenager, and it deeply affected me.  My response was, "AMEN!  Please let the people you come across every day, who don't know that, know." to which he firmly replied, "I will."  In hindsight, only the Holy Spirit could have inspired this young man's remarkable reaction.

So, based on the feedback I received, it's evident the Saints again did their part for the presentation by planting faith-seeds and touching hearts - young hearts that urgently need their example and intervention.  God bless our youth.

A Message from the Scouts...


No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]