Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Saints & Holy Relics Presentation/Visitation: St. George Church, 7/23/2014


Some of the Saints & Blesseds whose lives
were shared about, and whose Sacred Relics
were presented during this presentation,
hosted by St. George Church.

Tonight I was re-invited to St. George Church in Waimanalo to conduct my speaking presentation about Saints and Holy Relics.  It was exceptionally meaningful for me for two reasons - first off, I was raised in beautiful Waimanalo and had lived there for nearly 15 years after my family emigrated from the Philippines to the United States.  During that time, St. George Church was my parish before I moved to neighboring Kailua Town.  I also recognized many of the people in the audience and it kinda felt like I had come "home"; very comforting and special for me.

Secondly, this was the parish, which back in January 2010, had enough confidence in my personal ministry to invite me to conduct my very first Saints/Holy Relics Presentation.  That presentation, over four years ago, was really the "official" launch of my public speaking ministry.  

 
Adult and youthful audience members,
venerating the Saints... and reading the "Bio-
Notes" on the lives of each Saint/Blessed
who was represented by a relic.

The presentation, itself, was a success, judging by the reaction and feedback of several audience members.  What I was very pleased to see was the diversity of the people who came to learn about the Church's teachings and devotion pertaining to our Saints.  There were seniors in the group, as well as entire families - parents with their teen/young children - which is always a welcomed sight.  I especially like seeing the youth in my audience because I think they're the ones who stand most in need of positive role-models like our Saints/Blesseds... and tonight, even the teens seemed genuinely interested as they patiently sat through almost 90 minutes of my teaching and story-telling, without showing any signs of boredom or annoyance!  Now that was a miracle in itself.

More Saints & Blesseds whose lives
and relics were discussed.

When the presentation ended, many participants gathered around the makeshift display altar to view the Holy Relics of the Saints and Blesseds I shared about. Their faces were a mixture of varying emotions: excitement, joy, awe, reverence... and quiet prayer and reflection.  I knew the Saints had done their special job and had touched many hearts for Jesus.  Mission accomplished.


* *  A Beautiful Testimony  * *

  "My granddaughters wanted me to thank u for your wonderful presentation.  They can't stop talking about it. They are still here. The oldest one said she smelt a wonderful scent that she couldn't describe.  She kept asking her cousin next to her if she smelt it too.  And her sister kept thanking me for taking her and that she finally believes in our Church and the Saints.  She won't make excuses for not going to church.  Thank u again for that wonderful presentation.  God bless you always.

~ Diane C., St. George
Church parishioner

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]