Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Friday, March 7, 2014

Saints & Holy Relics Presentation/Visitation: Sts. Peter & Paul Church, 3/6/2014


The display altar, upon which the relics of
eight Saints/Blesseds were displayed during
my ministry's speaking presentation.

This past Sunday, 3/2, I was contacted by a friend and invited to conduct my Saints & Holy Relics Presentation in the Parish of Sts. Peter & Paul Church in Honolulu. The presentation happened last night - Thursday, 3/6 - as part of the parish's recurring "Thematic Thursday" education program. Because it was the start of the 2014 Lenten Season, it was specifically requested that I feature Saints/Blesseds who were gifted with the Mystical Stigmata, which I agreed to.

So last night, after my day job, I rushed over to the little church of Sts. Peter & Paul (right) to conduct my presentation with the Sacred Relics of eight holy individuals in tow; the relics were representative of Ven. Miriam Teresa Demjanovich, Bl. Charles de Foucauld, Bl. Maria Pilar Izquierdo Albero, Bl. Peter To Rot, St. Bernadette SoubirousSt. Gemma Galgani, St. John of God, and St. Padre Pio.  Five were Stigmatics, while the rest were a mix of three consecrated religious and a martyred Tongan layman. Regardless whether they were Stigmatics, or not, all were highly virtuous souls and worthy of being honored as role-models for the Faithful to emulate. 

The audience I spoke to was made up of a mix of young adults and seniors. Based on the valuable feedback I received after from most of the people who attended, it appeared the presentation was well-received by them.  I was especially touched by the enthusiasm shown by an elderly gentleman, named George, who spontaneously gave me a very warm embrace immediately after my talk.  He later asked me where he could buy books about Saints so he could learn more about them and make new friends in Heaven. Just that comment alone was enough to greatly reassure me that I had successfully accomplished what my personal ministry has always aimed to do - which is to promote and encourage a healthy devotion to our spiritual heroes.

    
Closer view of the 1st/2nd Class Relics present
on the altar (left), plus a photo of participants
venerating the relics (right) and helping
themselves to devotional materials/relics
that I brought to share (center).
(click on each photo to view larger images)

My warmest ALOHA goes out to the parishioners of Sts. Peter & Paul Church for their welcome and I pray for them to be continually blessed through the intercession of Our Lady and the Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]