Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Sunday, March 4, 2012

First Saturday Parish Rosary at St. Anthony's Church, 3/3/2012

 
Our Lady's statue, solemnly dressed
for Lent, stands above her Son's Relics
(the Fatima statue was brought to
the meeting by a visiting friend)

Yesterday afternoon, with my Rosa Mystica statue veiled in black, we spiritually walked the path to Calvary in union with Jesus and our Blessed Mother, as we meditated on the Sorrowful Mysteries during March’s First Saturday Rosary. In our midst, on the altar, were two Sacred Relics from our Lord’s Passion: a particle of stone from the Scourging Pillar and a tiny splinter from the branches of the Crown of Thorns; both proved to be meaningful and appropriate focal points for our Lenten-themed reflections.

This time around, in addition to praying for World Peace, we also implored the Lord’s blessing for the conversion of sinners, especially lifting up the people dear to us who stand in need of spiritual healing. As I pondered the terrible sufferings that we, as sinners, had inflicted on Jesus during his Passion and death, I strove to keep my emotions in check as the prayers progressed. More so, during the times when my gaze fell upon the reliquary-frame and I was reminded that these relics were fragments from the instruments used to torture the Lord.  It really saddened me.

   
Prayer participants venerating the
relics of Christ's Passion, before and
after the Rosary for Peace.

After the Rosary ended I think many of us left the Day Chapel feeling somewhat impressed by the solemn atmosphere that accompanied this month’s event. One parishioner even approached me afterward to report that she smelled a strong fragrance of roses emanating from the display altar when she approached it to kiss the reliquary-frame; perhaps it was a small gift from Our Lady to this devoted daughter of hers.

The next First Saturday Rosary for Peace will be prayed on April 7th. I again invite my Kailua neighbors - and even people from outside of Kailua - to come and join us for this special monthly prayer. Our Lady needs prayer warriors to intercede for peace and conversions - all are welcomed to participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]