Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, March 26, 2016

Holy Relic Visitation: Our Lady of Fatima Prayer Group, 3/26/2016


A family that prays together,
stays together!

That familiar adage was on my mind at tonight's prayer meeting in the Gruber Home in Mililani.  Our Prayer Group had the joy of welcoming and praying with three of my cousins this month!!!  Me and my cousins get together on occasion to catch up and have quality family time, but it's never in a spiritual setting... so tonight was, indeed, a very special night for me - for our entire family tree, in fact; an answer, I believe, to my continued personal prayer that the Lord convert and touch the hearts of each and every one of my relatives, even if it's just a few members at a time.

So, as it turned out, this Holy Saturday evening I got to witness Jesus' healing and unconditional love touching members of my family in a very powerful way.  We offered the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary so it was quite a heavy mood, at first, with many of us shedding tears of heartfelt sorrow in remembrance of the Lord's terrible sufferings that the entire Church just commemorated yesterday... but there was also recognition that the Holy Spirit was effecting the healing of inner wounds in the hearts of some of us present, including my cousins.  It was one of the more intense prayer meetings we've had in a long while.

The after-effects of spending quality
spiritual time with two of my three cousins
who joined tonight's prayer.

After all the prayers were finished, the potluck dinner and fellowship followed, ushering in the Lord's spirit of Joy. Our meal consisted of a wide range of delectable dishes: chili, fried chicken, shrimp with vegetables, Thai noodles, salad greens, and corn bread.  Light-hearted conversation and laughter flowed while we feasted together and then more joy followed when dessert was finally served - passion fruit cheesecake, Filipino sticky mochi-rice, and homemade pecan pie with vanilla ice cream!

I left the Gruber Home, again feeling content and extremely grateful over having been able to spend this most holy evening in quality spiritual and social time with people who mean so much to me - my blood-family and my prayer group family.  God is good!

Wishing all a very blessed and Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]