Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, June 28, 2014

Holy Relic Visitation: Our Lady of Fatima Prayer Group, 6/28/2014


A 2nd Class Relic of St. Clelia Barbieri
My day started at 4:30 AM this morning so when it came time for me to leave home - twelve hours later - for our Fatima Prayer Group, I was feeling a little drained... but I'm glad I mustered up enough energy to go because, as usual, it was another great night of prayer, fellowship, and signal graces at the Gruber Home.  Despite my fatigue, I found myself invigorated during our Rosary Prayer by an inexplicable scent of roses that intermittently surrounded us.  Our co-host - "Auntie Monique" (Dre's mom) - remarked that it was the Blessed Mother letting us know that she was praying with us, which I believed, too.

Our Saint this month was St. Clelia Barbieri (d. 1870), the youngest founder of a congregation in the history of the Church.  The faith-lesson I tried to impart to our group from her life was all about living the principles of TRUTH and INTEGRITY in our Christian lives, which Clelia did with unflinching compromise.  For example, the Saint once politely refused a donation of apples to her congregation after she was mysteriously enlightened to the fact that they were acquired illicitly (read more about the incident here).  It's an interesting anecdote from the life of St. Clelia, which is often overlooked in her English biographies but, nonetheless, it bears a lesson for all of us.

After all our prayers ended, we spent a couple more hours in lively fellowship, especially since Auntie Monique was present due to a rare Saturday night off from work.  We talked and laughed over our potluck dinner of mixed ethnic dishes, which included black bean chicken, friend chicken, grilled pork ribs, tossed salad, and Puerto Rican Gandule Rice.  A glass of wine and Custard Pie, topped with Haupia (Hawaiian coconut pudding) ice cream, was the perfect ending to our meal.

I am now totally exhausted - stuffed full from the dinner; spiritually full from God's abundant grace.  I will definitely sleep very, very content tonight thanks to Dre and her family, and to Jesus and Mary.  Amen.

 
My mixed plate of food (yes, it was as good as it looked)... and a selfie with Auntie Monique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]