Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saints & Holy Relics Visitation & Speaking Presentation: Star of the Sea Church, 11/15/2014


Mary Star of the Sea Church
in Kahala, Honolulu

Earlier this week, I received a call from a woman who was referred to my ministry by someone who had attended one of my recent presentations.  As it turned out, she was the leader of the Third Order of Mary, a diocese-approved Association of the Faithful, based at Star of the Sea Church in nearby Kahala.  She asked if I would be willing to give a presentation, today, about Saints and Holy Relics to her group, despite the short notice she was giving me. Knowing that it was a dedicated devotee of the Blessed Virgin who was inquiring, there was no way I could decline the request.

So I found myself this morning in the midst of about 20 women who I did not know and with Fr. Frankie, the parish priest.  I must admit that I felt awkward at first and I'm sure they did, too... but as the presentation moved forward the mood quickly changed.  I started to feel a sense of warmth in the meeting room and a growing bond with these devout women; they were truly my spiritual sisters and I felt united to them by our shared love for Mary, our Heavenly Mama.

The Holy Relics of several Marian
Blesseds and Saints that were displayed
during my presentation at Mary, Star of
the Sea Church.

I tailored the presentation to suit the nature of the group by featuring several Blesseds and Saints who had a strong Marian devotion; the line-up of holy persons included the following:  Bl. Bartolo Longo, St. Bernadette Soubirous, Bl. Euphrasia [Eluvathingal] of the Sacred Heart, Bl. Francisco & Bl. Jacinta Marto, Pope St. John Paul II, and St. Padre Pio.  The women welcomed the message of the Saints with enthusiasm and genuine interest... and each time I mentioned that a relic of a holy individual was present, I saw excitement light up on many of their faces.

At the end of the talk, all of them came forward to venerate the relics present, as well as my Fatima Pilgrim Virgin Statue.  Several of the ladies actually got teary-eyed as they prayed and expressed their devotion to Our Lady and the Saints.  I knew they were deeply touched and I was, too.  Judging by the reactions I witnessed, this presentation was another successful one.

Members of the Third Order of Mary
before and after the presentation.

My special thanks and prayers go out to the Third Order of Mary in Kahala... as well as to my behind the scenes team of "prayer warriors" who assist me by praying hard for each presentation.  And of course, above all things... glory and praises be to God Almighty for all the signal graces received today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]