Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, November 22, 2014

Holy Relic Visitation: Our Lady of Fatima Prayer Group, 11/22/2014


"Do you not know that
you are God's temple and that
God's Spirit dwells in you?"

~ Words of St. Paul, 1 Corinthians 3:16

   
Hair relics from Bl. Elizabeth of the
Trinity (left) helped us to deeply connect
with her earthly life at tonight's gathering
of Our Lady of Fatima Prayer Group.

GOD DWELLS IN US.  This was the message - the reminder - we received tonight, as we reflected on the life of Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity, our featured Saint of the Month. God isn't distant in some far away dimension, where He watches over us, via a supernatural TV screen... or listens to our prayers using some sort of cosmic intercom, but rather God abides in our very souls - his living temples - when we are in his grace.  Just imagine - the Omnipotent Creator, who made the entire universe, living and breathing within us in union with every beat of our hearts and every breath we take.  It's enigmatic, yet at the same time deeply personal and very, very empowering... and Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity lived this truth with firm conviction.

Some of our members in discussion
reflection around the table

So tonight, as I narrated the biography and legacy of Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity - a holy Carmelite nun - to our prayer group, we were filled with gladness by her life message and were encouraged by it to live more proactive and productive Christian lives, knowing that the Holy Trinity - our omnipotent God, himself - was working and spreading blessings through us.

"It seems to me that
I have found my Heaven on
earth, because my Heaven
is you, my God, and you are
in my soul.  You in me,
and I in you."

~ Words of Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity

So with that said, the night turned-out to be another meaningful and uplifting prayer meeting at the Gruber/Lee Home.  After all our prayers were offered and concluded, we enjoyed a mix of Filipino and other Asian dishes for our monthly potluck dinner... and spent the rest of our fellowship-time discussing current events and laughing over humorous family stories. Our Lord, who dwells within us, gifted us with abundant JOY this evening, among other blessings we certainly received.  Thanks and praises be to HIM!

   
On our menu this evening: Pancit (Filipino
Noodles), Pork Guisantes (Pork & Peas),
Crab/Bacon Potato Salad, Asian-style Fried
Chicken, & for dessert - Banana Lumpia!

"There, in the depths of my
heart, in the Heaven of my soul,
I love to find Him, since He
never leaves me."

~ Words of Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]