Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Sunday, October 15, 2023

For Discernment: Is this a Message from Jesus and Mary?


There’s something going on in our Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Peace; an ongoing blessing that's unusual ... beautiful ... relevant ... and even prophetic, in light of current events.  I'm posting about this occurrence because I now feel prompted to do so, given its visible nature.

On Monday, 10/2/2023, during the Noon Mass, I noticed a strange formation on a pillar near the Sanctuary - it closely resembles a classic representation of the Madonna and Christ Child ... and it's an uncanny likeness.

What's more remarkable is that, a few days later, I noticed another image on the same pillar, near the original figures - a profile of the face of Jesus looking downcast and sad.  See the photos and illustrations below ...


... and let me make this clear - I wasn't looking for these figures; they just happened to one day be there and I saw them.  I've sat regularly in that part of the church for years now, and have looked at that very pillar countless of times, but I've never noticed the seemingly holy personages before ... and I know it's not just my imagination because I pointed out the figures to several other regular parishioners, and they all see the same thing - their consistent reactions are: "I see it!" or "When did that happen?"  None of them have seen it before, either, but they do now.

But what does it all mean? I prayed to discern the significance of it and the answer finally came 5 days later on Saturday, 10/7/2023 - the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary and the day Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel.  The timing of this manifestation couldn't be any more striking ... so, given the circumstances, my interpretation of this event is, as follows:

Parishioners looking at the figures.

🕊 the formation of the Blessed Mother with her Divine Son are representive of Our Lady of Peace, after whom the Cathedral Basilica is named.  Is she is asking for prayers for peace?  Absolutely - particularly inviting us to Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and to pray the Rosary.

🕊 the profile of the Holy Face of Christ looking grieved is clearly a sign of the Lord’s deep sorrow over the turmoil in the world; over people killing one another rather than working towards love and peace.  Are we also being asked to offer reparation?  Definitely - to console Jesus who is saddened and offended by our sins.  Again, through Eucharistic Adoration and prayer.

Although I don't profess it's a full-fledged miracle, I do view the dual-images of the Holy Mother and her Son as a genuine sign (again, the timing of their appearance with the attack is just too coincidental).  But a nun-friend of mine who saw it in person remarked to me, "It is a miracle." and Jesus is sad because mankind has "embraced evil"; her choice of words express profound spiritual insight.


Whether it's a miracle, or not, shouldn't really matter.  What's important is that we pray for the peaceful resolution to what's going on in the Middle East.  It is an event that has the potential to become a war that'll spread, and I believe we're being given the immediate opportunity to help end it, or stem its growth, through our collective prayers and voluntary sacrifices.

Please join this ministry in responding "YES" to this call from Jesus and Our Lady - we begin with a simple prayer ...

Lord Jesus, King of Peace,
have mercy on us.
Our Lady, Queen of Peace,
pray for us!
We ask for a speedy and
peaceful end to the
war in the Middle East ...
as well as, all other wars
raging in the world
today.  Help us to amend
our lives.  Amen.


NOTICE: The images in our cathedral have not been evaluated by the Honolulu Diocese, nor will they likely be.  What this blogger and others see on the pillar, and how I interpret them are strictly my personal opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]