Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, October 10, 2015

Pilgrim Statue & Holy Relics Visitation: Vargas Residence, 10/10/2015



October - the month of the Holy Rosary - is always an exciting time for me!  This month entails a lot of activity for my personal Pilgrim Statue/Holy Relic ministry.  It starts with the annual anniversary of our First Saturday Rosary Devotion at St. Anthony of Padua Church (Kailua)... and then there's the Vargas Family's annual Rosary Rally, held every year in October in the front of their home.

Our gracious host, Mrs. Patty Vargas, is a local organizer for the America Needs Fatima public rosary campaign, which is held annually to promote the urgent message of Our Lady of Fatima, and to pray for the spiritual and temporal needs of the United States of America.  Auntie Patty, as we like to call her, has made this rally at her home a solid tradition in her family during the past several years... and it's become a tradition with her extended family members, too, including myself!  I actually look forward to it each year, as it's not just meaningful, but it's also quite fun, too.  The luncheon that follows is always a great time to reconnect with acquaintances that I hardly see at any other times of the year.

Family and friends, gathered at the Vargas
Home for the family's Rosary Rally.

As with previous rallies, I was invited to bring my Sacred Relics of the Fatima Seers - Jacinta, Francisco, and Lucia - as well as my pilgrim statue of Our Lady of Fatima.  However, this year, I did something a little different - I didn't bring my large Fatima statue, but rather, I was inspired to bring my Divine Mercy statue.  I thought to myself, why not?  After all... the message of Fatima has its roots in the Divine Love and Mercy of God.  Our Lady, in her many apparitions throughout the world, comes to us on behalf of Jesus, her son, to call the entire world back to Him by asking us to convert ourselves... to make reparation for our past wrongdoings... and to trust and open our hearts to God's Infinite Mercy.  I set-up a different display-altar this year, but some people were actually touched by the presence of the Jesus statue.

A photo with our host, Auntie Patty...
and another photo of the participants
enjoying lunch from the Vargas Ohana.  

So the prayers and hymns were again beautiful during our rally... and the fellowship luncheon that followed was a delicious feast.  Everyone always has a good time at the Vargas Home!  May the good Lord and our Blessed Mother continue to bless this family for their generosity and for their powerful witnessing of the heavenly message of Fatima.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]