Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Sunday, January 25, 2015

Rosa Mystica Speaking Presentation: St. Anthony Retreat Center, 1/25/2014


Today I conducted my first speaking presentation for 2015.  I had the privilege of sharing about the Rosa Mystica Devotion with a group of military housewives at a women's retreat in the heart of beautiful Kalihi Valley, Honolulu. These were the women I had been praying for, which occasioned a remarkable appearance of the Holy Face this past Thursday, 1/22.

  
The beautiful, lush grounds of the St. Anthony Retreat Center in Kalihi Valley, Honolulu.
The on-site Lourdes-style grotto is a great place to connect with God and Our Lady.
[click on each photo to view larger images]

The site of the retreat - the St. Anthony Retreat Center - is owned and operated by the Sisters of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and the grounds are simply spectacular!  Isolated, lush, and green - the place is conducive to connecting deeply with God and his creation.  There's even a beautiful Lourdes-style grotto at the site and I've heard rumors that Our Lady had made impromptu, private appearances there to a handful of people during past retreats... so the place is truly holy ground; it has that "vibe" and it was with excitement that I drove to the retreat center to speak to the women.

My Rosa Mystica pilgrim statue is displayed prominently, while the women-participants 
begin to gather and wait for the start of the Rosa Mystica presentation.

In the small conference room, right from the start I sensed I was in the midst of people who were open to the Lord's call; daughters of Mary.  And judging by the intelligent questions and comments I received throughout the talk, I was right - the ladies listened with genuine interest and seemed to take the message of the Rosa Mystica to heart.  In fact, after the presentation, we prayed the Holy Rosary together in the chapel and the group offered the prayer for the sanctification of all priests; other religious men and women; and for an increase in vocations.  The request I shared with the ladies, on behalf of our Blessed Mother, was already being put into practice.

I have no doubt that Mary, the Rosa Mystica, has found new helpers and messengers in the women I spoke to, and good spiritual fruit is in store for them.  All thanks and praises be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]