Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pilgrim Virgin & Holy Relic Visitation: Koloi Residence, 12/2/2011


 Our Lady's pilgrim statue visits the Koloi
residence in Enchanted Lakes, Kailua.

This past Thanksgiving, I was approached by some dear friends of mine - members of the Koloi Family - and asked if I would be willing to "bless" their Enchanted Lakes (Kailua) home for them. I was aware that the family - who aren't regular church-goers - was going through a rough patch in their lives and I sensed that the request was a serious attempt to reach out for God's help. I explained to them that as a layperson, I wasn't in a position to bless their home, but what I could do was pray with them and put them in touch with a priest-friend of mine who could perhaps fulfill their request. 

Well, as things turned out, I was able to assist the Koloi's in scheduling a home blessing with Fr. Tom from nearby St. John Vianney Church, and the blessing took place early this morning; it was a beautiful and powerful event for the family. I was fortunate to be present at the blessing and I could tell that the man of the house - Bulla Koloi - was deeply touched and comforted by the benediction as a feeling of peace settled over the entire house.

To help prepare the family for today's solemn event, I offered them my Rosa Mystica statue and the Holy Relic of the Virgin Mary's veil (ex velo) for an overnight pilgrim visit in their home. I figured that if there was anybody who could help the family to open their hearts to God's love and blessing, none could do it better than Our Lady. So the Koloi Family gladly welcomed the statue into their home and we set up a makeshift altar in their dining room where we gathered to say a few prayers to the Blessed Mother. After we prayed, one could sense the heavy atmosphere already beginning to lift.

Later this morning, when I returned to the home to pick up the statue to prepare it for its next destination (St. Anthony's First Saturday Rosary for Peace)... the little girl pictured on the right - Jesselle - shared an interesting story with all of us. She related that when she was alone with the statue last night, she thought she saw it crying tears... but only from the right eye, which I thought was an odd thing to say if she was making up the story. No one else in the home reported anything unusual, but if indeed the child saw the statue cry, this would be the first time that someone had ever reported this particular type of phenomena in connection with the statue.

I left the Koloi home feeling very happy, knowing that seeds of faith had been planted by the Blessed Virgin in the hearts of the family members - Ad Jesum per Mariam!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Angeline,I tried sending an email to the Opus Dei website to obtain a 38" Pilgrim Statue of Our Rosa Mystical but the email could not be sent.I cannot seem to find Our Lady Rosa Mystica any where in my country,Malaysia.Could you please help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angeline, thank you for your message. I've read about Opus Rosa Mystica and, from what I've learned about that apostolate, it may take a long time before you receive a Rosa Mystica statue from them, if you get one at all. The only assistance I can provide is to refer you to the 101 Foundation that sells these statues at very reasonable prices. They won't ship the 36" inch statue, but they have a 26" statue, too. Me and several friends purchased 26" statues from them and they were all very beautiful. You can visit the foundation's website at www.101foundation.com. Best wishes and God bless you.

      Delete

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]