Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Coincidence or Something More?


Something big is about to happen in our times, if it hasn't already started - a major shaking up in the world; bigger than Covid-19.  God is simply giving us so many, many remarkable signs these days - it just has to be.  At least that's my personal opinion.

Just this afternoon, while driving home from work, I was praying my St. Michael prayer group's "Cohort Chaplet", which I do daily against the forces of darkness at work in the world.  Reflecting on how evil has such a strong grip on society, I was surprised to see in the sky, ahead of me, a massive image of the Lord formed by a cloud.

It was Jesus' Holy Face in profile and it couldn't be any clearer - features such as an eye, cheekbones, mouth, mustache, and beard were easily recognizable... and his expression was one of intense anguish.  I managed to take one photo, which although is not as sharp as I hoped it would be, it at least captures the profile - see below...


The profile of the Holy Face of Jesus,
as it appeared, formed by clouds over the
Honolulu sky.  Note its resemblance to the
Lord's agony in the garden, as depicted
in the painting below.


The scene only lasted for a few moments but seeing the image deeply impressed me; inspiring me to finish the chaplet with more fervor... and a nagging sense of urgency.  I asked Jesus the reason for his pain and within my soul it seemed to me that I "heard" the following response:

"I am once again being crucified...
Pray and make reparation."

Somber words; almost ominous... but was this all just a coincidence - another instance of what I refer to as "spiritual serendipity"?  Or was it something more from Jesus that requires serious reflection on our part?  As mentioned at the start, I have my opinions and, if I feel strongly enough about an unusual experience, I'll post about it... but leave it to each reader to discern and respond for him/herself.  In all things, may God bless us and help us.

Jesus, forgive us for we know
 not what we do.  Have mercy on us.
In you we trust, O Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]