Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, April 5, 2014

First Saturday Parish Rosary at St. Anthony of Padua Church, 4/5/2014


The Relics we venerated:
True Cross (l) & St. Gianna (r)
It's been a really tough week, personally; a tough Lent, so far, with heavy crosses to carry. First off, I lost a dear spiritual friend, underwent minor leg surgery this past Monday, and then just learned that another prayer group sister - "Pua" - has a serious heart condition that requires surgery (please pray for her). I needed this Rosary for Peace... to connect with our Blessed Mother, so as to draw comfort and strength from her maternal embrace.

We had a smaller than normal group gathered to pray this month... but we also had a few new faces, including a young mother and her daughter.  I was deeply impressed by the little girl (she looked about 5-years-old) because the child knew the Our Father and Hail Mary Prayers and followed along diligently with the adults, as she held a rosary in her little hands. The mother definitely needs to be commended for teaching her daughter how to pray at so early an age.

And speaking of commendable mothers, our Saint of the Month was St. Gianna Beretta Molla (d. 1962, right photo), a thoroughly modern holy woman - a doctor, in fact - who sacrificed her own life for the sake of saving her fourth, unborn child.  The people seemed really pleased to learn about her life story, especially one of the new participants who is active in our parish's RCIA and Pro-Life Movement.  May St. Gianna pray for all women, especially mothers throughout the world.  

At the end of the Holy Rosary and the Mass that followed, I did receive the grace that I was seeking - I felt strongly refreshed and lightened, despite the discomfort I felt from my leg and the concerns I had on my mind.  Jesus and Our Lady did not disappoint.


"Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

~ Words of Jesus (Matthew 11:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]