Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Sunday, April 28, 2024

The closeness of our Heavenly Mother ...


FOR DISCERNMENT:

This post is especially for readers who pray the Rosary regularly.  This blogger thinks they will appreciate its encouraging message ... 

Over a week ago, a friend texted me a link to the YouTube video shown below and recommended that I watch it - I finally did so this past Monday.  It's all about an interview conducted with Gabriel "Gabi" Castillo (from YouTube Channel "Gabi After Hours") and I encourage others to view it, too.  The topics discussed are both spiritually practical and inspirational!


After watching the video, I was so moved I decided to commit to our Blessed Mother to pray the entire Rosary with all 4 sets of Mysteries - Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful, and Glorious - every day, going forward.  I've been praying the Rosary daily for years now but only the 5 decades of Mysteries assigned to each day.  Nevertheless, after seriously reflecting on Gabriel's testimony, I came to the simple conclusion that I don't really have a valid excuse for not praying the entire Rosary every day, especially since Our Lady has been so generous with me on countless occasions.  Plus, if a very busy man like Gabriel can do it, why can't I?  So, I started 4 days ago and am more motivated to continue, especially after two remarkable experiences I had yesterday and this morning.

The first incident: while on my way to work yesterday morning, I was praying my last set of decades - the Glorious Mysteries - and when I announced the 5th and final Mystery (the "Coronation of the Blessed Virgin"), I happened to glance up and saw something remarkable - a clear image of the Virgin Mary in the sky!  I soon realized it wasn't just a random cloud formation because it didn't quickly dissipate like a cloud normally would - instead she "followed" me for the duration of the decade!  In fact, I was so taken by the sight, I even paused my prayers briefly to film a short video of what I was seeing.  She was magnificent!


The Virgin's figure remained constant as
I traveled on, then off the freeway, as seen
in the video and these series of photos.

         

Fast forward to this morning - after attending Mass at St. John Vianney Church in Kailua, I made my usual stop at that parish's beautiful outdoor Marian Shrine (see below) to greet our Blessed Mother and to give thanks to her for the personal sign she granted yesterday.  In seeming response, I heard a woman's voice say in a tone full of tenderness:


"I am always close to my
children who are devoted to me
through the Rosary."

When I initially doubted hearing the words, the same voice immediately repeated the same sentence with the same maternal tone ... and given what I witnessed yesterday, I then believed it was Our Lady who spoke.  I'm also certain that her words were not just meant for me, alone, but rather, they are an affirmation or reminder intended for ALL who love her and the Rosary.  Hence, the reason why I'm sharing this experience, which I leave to each reader to discern and decide.

Irregardless of whether one believes me or not, pray the Rosary daily even if it's just one set of Mysteries (5 decades) ... and trust in the Holy Virgin's closeness to YOU.  She isn't only the powerful Queen of Heaven - she is moreover our Mom.

Click here for Rosary Intructions and to
learn about Our Lady's 15 "Rosary Promises".

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]