Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Tuesday, September 12, 2023

GOD is full of surprises!


"But as for me, the nearness of God
is my good; I have made the Lord God my
refuge, that I may tell of all Your works."

- Psalm 73:28

If we but open our eyes in faith, we'll see that our Lord is full of small, yet meaningful surprises.  It's true.

Just yesterday - 9/11/2023 (a historic date  for the USA!) - while this author was at the noon Mass in the Honolulu Cathedral, I noticed a small stain on the floor - reminded me of a large drop of dried blood or coffee - at the spot where I regularly sit.  I never noticed it before and I avoided being near it, not knowing what it actually was ... but when I knelt with my head down during the Consecration, I took another look and noticed something remarkable about it.

After the Mass, I snapped this pic of the stain ...


'not saying it's really Jesus or that it's a miracle ... but, coincidentally, I am an enthusiastic follower and promoter of the Holy Face Devotion, as seen here ... and here.  And why on 9/11?

It goes without saying, that the image really impressed me.

Personally, rare occasions like these - "spiritual serendipity", as I like to call them .... or "God Moments", as I've heard some others say - have a way of uplifting the soul, as well as, reminding us that our loving Jesus is never far from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]