Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Thank you, Jesus...


It's past 1:30 AM here in Hawaii and I can't sleep.  I'm too excited.

Nearly two hours ago, from the time of this writing, I wheeled out my recycle bin to the curbside and saw the full moon in all its glory, and it seemed as though Our Lady's face was imprinted on it (something I witnessed years ago, which I blogged about here) ... so I fetched my cellphone to see if I could photograph anything unusual.

Well, as it turned out, there was something special going on but it wasn't our Blessed Mother who showed up.  Instead, among the several photos I snapped was this one, which was totally unexpected ...


The photo actually speaks for itself - through it, I discern Jesus drawing attention to His True Presence in the Blessed Sacrament, via the images of a radiant Host above a Chalice.  AMAZING.


I took additional pics not long after to see if I could replicate and even debunk the above pic, but as seen below, they show nothing but the moon (no mysterious Chalice to evoke the complete Eucharistic imagery).

      

In these times when belief in the Eucharist is at a disturbing low, even among Catholics, the message this photo conveys is highly relevant - Jesus calls us all to be "Heralds of the Eucharist"; witnessing to His presence in the Blessed Sacrament by our word and conduct.

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of Yourself in the Eucharist!

“Jesus said to them,
‘I am the bread of life; whoever
comes to me will never hunger,
and whoever believes in me
will never thirst.'”

- John 6:35

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]