Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, December 31, 2022

In Memoriam...



This author has a warm spot for the late Pope Emeritus.  Back in September 2005, during a trip to Rome, I was privileged to attend a Papal Audience presided over by Pope Benedict XVI.  I'll never forget the experience.

I can still clearly recall the moment he appeared in St. Peter's Square in the Pope Mobile - I was filled with sudden excitement and tears of joy fell from my eyes.  Noticing my emotion, an elderly Italian woman standing next to me smiled and asked, "Molto contento (very happy)?"... and I replied, "Si.  Molto contento."

Receiving Pope Benedict's blessing in 2005.

Since then, that Papal Audience has been a major highlight in my life, and I have affectionately accompanied ”Papa Benedict" in prayer, even after his retirement.  His solid example of Catholic Faith remains a personal inspiration and I am forever grateful, as are countless others who are also mourning his passing.

Rest in peace, Pope Benedict XVI!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]