Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, July 13, 2019

There's Grace and Power through the Rosary (if only more people knew)


"Dear children! Today I call you to
begin to pray the Rosary with a living faith.
That way I will be able to help you."

Words of Our Lady
of Medjugorje, 6/12/1986

Last Saturday, 7/6, I had another unusual experience during our parish's monthly First Saturday Rosary.  During our prayer, I saw my Rosa Mystica statue "transfigure" (the word I use to describe when it takes on a lifelike, dewy complexion); something I've seen happen many times before with my statue... but when it appeared to blink its eyes then move its mouth, I started paying closer attention.

I watched as the statue seemed to intermittently move its lips during parts of our prayer. I was so impressed, I picked up my cellphone and started filming discretely, hoping I'd capture the phenomena on video - below is what I managed to record.


Viewing the footage over and over, I am awed and thankful.  At the time it was happening I had the conviction Our Lady wasn't praying the Rosary with us... but, rather, she was praying her own words alongside us - perhaps in another language - as well as, praying a blessing over all of us present; a benediction, mysterious and powerful.

Incidentally, among the "15 Rosary Promises" of the Blessed Virgin Mary, she promised "signal graces" to those devoted to her favorite prayer - it's the very first promise on the list... so our Holy Mother coming to visibly bless us through a treasured and much-venerated image is not a farfetched notion at all; it's simply another instance of Mary keeping her word (read all the promises here).

"Dear children! You are not aware of
the graces that you are living at this time
in which the Most High is giving you signs
for you to open and convert."

- Words of Our Lady
of Medjugorje, 7/25/2014

What I do find more astonishing, and somewhat frustrating, is that so few people take advantage of Our Lady's promises.  For example, only about 15 parishioners regularly attend our First Saturday Rosary despite the size of my parish and the publicity in our weekly bulletin... and only a handful come to pray the daily, morning Rosary.  This tells me there are many parishioners missing-out on the tremendous outpouring of goodness this particular prayer has to offer; I'm convinced Mary is spiritually present to listen... to pray... to console... to strengthen... and to bring healing.  If people only knew, perhaps more would come to our monthly gathering or anywhere else where the Rosary is publicly offered.

So for those reading this who are devoted to Mary - who pray the Rosary regularly, whether alone, or as part of a group - KEEP IT UP!  Share the devotion and its associated promises with others, especially with those who don't know about the Rosary.  Start a Rosary Prayer Group!

From one Marian/Rosary Devotee to another: trust me - Our Lady sees our every effort and blesses us in return.  Signs, or no signs, have confidence that our Heavenly Mother always keeps her promises.

"The rosary, little children, is especially
dear to me.  Through the rosary open your
heart to me and I am able to help you."

- Words of Our Lady
of Medjugorje, 8/25/1997

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]