Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Saturday, June 13, 2015

June 13, 2015: Fiesta Time in Kailua!


This evening, June 13th, my Kailua parish held our annual feast day celebration in honor of our church's illustrious Patron, St. Anthony of Padua (d. 1231).  The festivities started with a meaningful Mass, which was immediately followed by a potluck dinner in our church hall.  Again, the turnout was big and there was lots of lighthearted fun as parishioners mingled, ate, and were entertained with live music.

The celebration was also somewhat bittersweet.  We fondly bid farewell to Fr. Rico, our associate pastor, who is being transferred to another parish... but at the same time, we welcomed our new associate pastor - Fr. Nick Brown - who was recently ordained to the priesthood just about a month ago.  I have a sense that both men will work out just fine in their respective new assignments.

Parishioners enjoying our great
Feast Day potluck dinner.

All in all, it was another great annual celebration at St. Anthony of Padua Church.  Earlier in the day I actually wasn't feeling all that well due to some joint pains and thought of sitting this year's party out... but then I reflected on the many favors I obtained from Heaven throughout the years, via St. Anthony's intercession, and I knew I had to participate.  I'm glad I did.  I paid my respects to my personal Patron Saint, and had an awesome time, too.

Entertainment by our own Fr. Exsequel and his
backup singers - the "PP" (Pinoy Priests)

 
Posing with my friends - Donna and Cecelia -
and with our parish priests, Fr. Exsequel and
Fr. Nick... and their visiting priest-friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]