Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Saints & Holy Relics Visitation & Speaking Presentation: St. Anthony of Padua School, 10/28/2014


The students of St. Anthony of Padua
School coming together in their hall to
learn about Saints and the Rosary.

This morning I had the privilege and the joy of sharing about the Saints and the Holy Rosary with the students and teachers of St. Anthony of Padua School in Kailua.  I have to confess that a few days prior, I was filled with much anxiety due to a mental block about how I was going to structure the two presentations I committed myself to.  My apprehension was so bad, I was tempted to cancel the presentation... but then I seemed to sense the Lord's "voice" speaking to my spirit and He rebuked me for my lack of faith, and for wanting to turn my back on the children.

So feeling ashamed of myself, I put aside my worries and just forged through it.  After much prayer, last night and this morning my planned presentation suddenly began taking shape after a week of no direction.  It felt like a dark cloud that had been hovering over me had finally lifted and I saw the light.  

Pictured above are the Saints and
holy children whose lives were shared
at today's presentation.

Now I regret having even considered cancelling because I believe most of the children got something worthwhile out of the presentations.  I spoke about several Saints to the kids - St. Damien of Molokai, St. Anthony of Padua, and St. Dominic de Guzman - but then I also shared heavily about modern-day holy children whose lives are being investigated for possible Sainthood.  These youngsters included: Ven. Galileo Nicolini, the Servant of God Alexia Gonzales y Barros, and the Fatima Seers, Blesseds Francisco and Jacinta Marto.  I wanted the students to have a firm grasp of the fact that they, too, could lead exceptionally good lives, as exemplified by the ordinary (yet holy) lives of the youngsters I shared with them.

Students gathering around the display
altar to view the clothing-relics of the
Fatima Seers... along with pieces of
clothing from Ven. Galileo Nicolini and
the Servant of God, Alexia Gonzales
y Barros.

Additionally, the students seemed to really enjoy the Boys Team vs. Girls Team Puzzle Assembly Contest we held at the beginning of the presentation... and there was also a lot of positive feedback from both students and teachers about the relic-display that included four pieces of clothing relics from the holy children I mentioned above.  The kids were thoroughly captivated by the notion that they could actually view genuine mementos of these future Saints in their school's gathering hall; it made the lives of the holy children more real for the students.

The students cheer on the Girls Team, who
are striving to beat the Boys Team during a
friendly puzzle-assembly contest.

My special thanks go out to the teachers and students of St. Anthony of Padua School... and also to my supportive circle of prayer warriors who generously lend their prayers and advice for the spiritual success of each presentation my ministry conducts.  Our prayers were definitely answered again.  Thanks be to Jesus, our Blessed Mother, and the Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]