Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Friday, May 16, 2014

Saints & Holy Relics Presentation/Visitation: Cathedral School, 5/16/2014


Holy Remains from the above Saints &
Blesseds graced us at my latest speaking
presentation at the Cathedral School in
Honolulu, HI: (from left) St. Bernadette of
Lourdes, Bl. Carlos Manuel Rodriguez, the
St. Gemma Galgani, St. Pope John Paul II,
& Bl. Maria del Carmen.

Early this afternoon, I again found myself at the Cathedral School where I gave another speaking presentation about Saints & Holy Relics.  This time, rather than presenting for the students, my presentation was given for the Faculty and Staff of the parochial school.  I was invited by one of the teachers who has since become a friend... and I spoke about several deceased holy individuals whose Causes are currently active in the Sainthood Process, as well as the individuals pictured above who have already been Beatified and/or Canonized. 

Since my audience was composed of the Laity, I chose mostly the Causes of Lay people - young and old - to share about in the course of my talk; individuals who overcame many obstacles in their personal lives through the practice of heroic faith and virtue.  From what I gathered from feedback I received, the school appears to be going through some major changes... so many of the staff are naturally anxious for the future, which I can appreciate.  But I also sensed, that the spiritual presence and faith-examples of the Saints and Blesseds (whose relics I brought), helped to instill in some of the audience members a measure of Peace and Hope.

   
The display altar with several 1st and
2nd Class Relics of Saints and Blesseds...
and teachers venerating the Saints after
the presentation ended.

After my presentation, a small group stayed behind to pray with the relics... and then we enjoyed ice cream and pumpkin pie, while having an impromptu faith-sharing session in the classroom. A few of us shared personal experiences about the intercession of the Saints in our lives, and it was a joy for me to hear others share their personal stories and comments.

In closing, I firmly believe that Teaching - especially educating children - is an important vocation to be in; the world needs good, dedicated teachers... and that was something I tried to emphasize repeatedly to the group I presented to.  So God bless the faculty and staff of the Cathedral School - I pray them all the very best outcome through the intercession of our Blessed Mother and the Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]