Disclaimer

NOTICE: I am a practicing Catholic, active and in good-standing with my local diocese, who professes faith and loyalty to the Church. This ministry - my "little work" - is strictly a personal expression of that faith and loyalty, and not an officially recognized ministry in the Diocese of Honolulu.

~ Peter, Ministry Administrator


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pilgrim Statue & Holy Relic Visitation, 7/13/2011: Cobb-Adams Residence



This evening, I, along with the Holy Relic of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was invited to participate in a monthly prayer meeting and a dinner at the home of a fellow Kailua parishioner.  In addition to bringing the clothing relic of Our Lady, I also brought along my smaller Rosa Mystica pilgrim statue. 

The lady of the house - Monica Cobb-Adams - is a highly devout woman who I had originally met at one of my speaking presentations at St. Anthony Church, and we have since become friends.  As one can see from the above photo, she also has a wonderful collection of religious statuary in her home, which included a 3-foot-tall statue of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and a very impressive 5-foot-tall statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

What was wonderful to experience in this home, was the close-knit bond that exists within this Catholic family.  Parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and children - all from the same family - came together, generously, with friends, to pray and fellowship in the Lord.  I was deeply touched by their faith and the spiritual presence of the Holy Spirit and Our Blessed Mother while we prayed the rosary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Your comment/feedback is welcomed. However, business advertisements of any sort are not allowed and will be deleted. Thank you.]